Persons in the Nemaha County Jail can purchase food, personal hygiene, and other items, weekly (including holidays) from the jail’s commissary. Money is deposited to an inmate’s account and, in turn, inmates may purchase commissary items drawing on the funds in their account. The purchase of commissary items by incarcerated persons is a privilege and not a right. Access to the commissary may be withheld for just cause.
Persons may make deposits to an inmate’s account in two different ways:
- In person, cash only: You may make cash deposits onto your loved one’s account at the Nemaha County Sheriff’s Office at 212 N 6th Street, Seneca, Kansas. Deposits are made via an ATM machine located inside the north entrance to the Sheriff’s Office. When making a cash deposit, bring up your loved one’s name and follow the prompts. The minimum deposit accepted is $5.00 and the maximum is $100.00.
- You may also place money on an inmate’s account online by going to JailATM™ https://deposits.jailatm.com/WebDeposits/ and follow the these steps:
- CLICK “Send Money Now”
- If you do not have an account, CLICK “Sign In/Register” located at the top right hand corner and complete the following steps:
- ENTER your email address (It is recommended using a gmail account for easiest access)
- Fill out all information on the Personal Details Form
- CLICK “Save”
- Create a password
- Check your email – there will be an Activation Link. CLICK on it or copy the link and paste it into your browser
- Sign in using your email address and password
- If you already have an account, sign in using your email address and password.
- Once you are signed in:
- SELECT the appropriate state and facility (Kansas – Nemaha County Jail)
- Enter at least three characters of the inmate’s last name
- Enter your payment information and amount of deposit (you may use either Mastercard or Visa); CLICK the check box after reading the terms and conditions and SELECT “OK”
- Review payment details and CLICK “Send Money”
We do not accept cash, money orders or checks through the U.S. Postal Service.
If you have any questions in regards to placing money on an inmate’s account, please contact the Nemaha County Sheriff’s Office at 785-336-2311 and ask for the Jail.