office (785) 336-2311
fax (785) 336-2788

Richard D. Vernon

CCW Permits

What paperwork do I need?

  1. The completed application form.
  2. A valid Kansas Driver’s License or Non-Drivers Kansas Identification Card;
  3. “Passport” type photo (approximately 2 inches by 2 inches) with an unobstructed full frontal view of your head and shoulders, taken within 30 days of application. Photos will not be accepted if you are wearing sunglasses;
  4. Attorney General approved Certificate of Training or affidavit of instruction from an approved instructor.
  5. $32.50 cashier’s check or money order payable to the Nemaha County Sheriff’s Office;
  6. $100.00 cashier’s check or money order payable to the Attorney General’s Office;

Where can I get an application?

Download the application at .

I have all of the paperwork. Now what?

Contact the Nemaha County Sheriff’s Office at 785.336.2311 and set a time to complete your application. The administrative office hours are 8-5 Monday – Friday.


For more information on Kansas carry concealed laws please visit the Attorney General’s website at